With summer in full swing, we’ve begun our planning for the second annual Banana Split Festival to be held in August. This year, we’re hosting an exciting new event, Cupcake Wars!
Contestants will use their creative talents to develop a cupcake that models the delicious flavor of Latrobe’s original banana split. With 8 ingredients to choose from, there are endless opportunities for each bakery to develop a unique and distinctive recipe. Three professional judges will rate each baker’s cupcake on qualities such as appearance, creativity, and naturally, one of a kind taste!
Check out the contestants for our Cupcake Wars Contest!!!
- The Cupcake Shoppe – Located in Greensburg, the Cupcake Shoppe offers flavors that change weekly, and are handmade from scratch! Their store not only offers their wonderful creations, but fresh tea and Keurig Coffee. Check out their website at http://thecupcakeshoppegbg.com/
- Diana’s Heavenly Cupcakes - Voted 2014 Best of Jeannette Award in the Bakery Category, Diana started out experimenting in the kitchen and made her mark with specialty flavors and a rush of special orders. Find out more about her at http://www.dianasheavenlycupcakes.com/default.html
- Batter Up! Cakes – This Ligonier landmark provides fresh baked special orders for any event. Personalized customer service and unique cakes are a home-run hit for a special occasion. Follow the link for more! http://www.batterupcakesandgoodies.com/Happy Camper Cakes -The only mobile Cupcake camper in Westmoreland County, Happy Camper Cakes is devoted to bring the sweetest kind of happy. A diverse menu and camper capabilities mean these cupcakes are readily available anywhere. To see where they’ll be, go to http://happycampercakes.wix.com/happycamperAunt Penny’s Cakes - Aunt Penny makes homemade desserts and baked goods for special occasions! …the best cookies and cakes you’ll ever have! Special orders only! Schwaben Village- Located in Latrobe since 2009, Eva Hough is an ACF Certified Chef and Pastry Chef. She specializes in European and American food as well as specialty pastries, and has been making cakes and cupcakes for weddings , craftshows and personal orders for many years!
DATES TO REMEMBER
Deadline to Register: July 22, 2014
- NO FEE REQUIRED, HOWEVER, YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER
- PLEASE MAIL OR E-MAIL CUPCAKE REGISTRATION FORM ON OR BEFORE JULY 22ND
Round 1: August 5, 2014 – 11AM-2PM
- JUDGES WILL TASTE THE CUPCAKES AND NARROW IT DOWN TO THE TOP 2
- CONTESTANTS ARE TO BRING 1 DOZEN CUPCAKES
Round 2: August 19, 2014 – Cupcake War Block Party – 6PM-9PM
- - THE TOP 2 WILL REVEAL THEIR 200 CUPCAKE DISPLAY
- JUDGES WILL HAVE ONE FINAL TASTING
- MALT SHOP MARTY WILL ANNOUNCE THE WINNER
- THE PUBLIC WILL BE INVITED AND LIVE MUSIC & FOOD WILL BE AVAILABLE
- SPECIAL APPEARANCES BY LAC PINK LADIES, MALT SHOP MARTY, DAIRY QUEEN DEAN, AND MORE!
Save the Dates:
The Great American Banana Split Festival is happening again this summer. The following events are happening at the Latrobe Art Center. Please save the dates and watch for details and times.
- Tuesday, August 19 – Banana Split Block Party
- Wednesday, August 20 -Gone Banana’s Painting Workshop for Kids
- Thursday, August 21- Pop the Cork Night “Banana Split Theme”
- Friday, August 22- Yellow Tie Gala featuring WCCC Band
- Saturday, August 23 – Banana Breakfast @ LAC